B.N.T. adventure tourer - (AUD) $1899
Want to get *out-there*. I mean really get away from it all?
Is your idea of a fun weekend, (or a fun 3 years) loading the bike up with everything you need and just hitting the trails? Then the B.N.T. may be what you're looking for.
Named after the Australian Bicentennial National Trail that stretches an extraordinary 5,330 kilometres from Cooktown in tropical North Queensland, to Healesville in Victoria.
The B.N.T. is festooned (I've been dying to use that word), with all manner of mounts. fenders, racks, multiple bottle cages. And the geometry is perfectly tweaked to work with drop flared bars. (prefer flatbars? then you should check out our Innamincka).
Tyre clearance for up to 2.5" tyres on 29er rims make this a true go anywhere adventure touring machine. (shhhhh, don't tell anyone ok... but the BNT with std 142/12 spaced rear can also run 27.5"x2.8" "plus" sized wheels and tyres on 30mm rims)
Want to go gravel grinding? the BNT is equally at home knocking out the long hard fast miles on dirt roads. Chuck on 700x32c tyres and smash it up, or fit some 700x28's and really nail some speed.
Proven in diverse situations from the Bicentennial National Trail, to remote outback Australia, to Finland to the Tour Divide, the BNT is the touring bike you have... when you don't want *just* a touring bike.
- a medium (18") frame weighs 1735 grams.
- the 135mm rear hub spacing allows use of regular 135mm or 142mmmm hubs and deraileurs.
- add interchangable rocker dropouts and you can also set the bike up with a 142x12mm rear thru axle or even singlespeed.
- add the Rohloff cable guide kit and Rohloff rocker inserts, and you can also fit the amazing Rohloff14 speed internally geared hub.
- OPTIONAL 148/12 Boost spacing means that you can even run the bike with 27.5" x 3.0" tyres.
- all our frames use a reliable, time proven BSA threaded bottom bracket. we've elected to steer clear of the dozen or more press-fit "standards". Almost all of which are known to creak under load. The BNT and Innamincka frames both have a 73mm (threaded) bottom bracket shell.
- our 44mm headtube means that you can run either straight or tapered steerers with ease.
- want to run a straight steerer fork? Then you'll want a ZS44/28.6 upper and ZS44/30 lower.
- want to go tapered? then you'll want a ZS44/28.6 upper and an EC44/40 lower.
- "Overlander" geometry is designed for long (long) days in the saddle.
- front end geometry is designed around a 468mm axle to crown (rigid) fork or an 80mm travel suspension fork.
- up to 29" x 2.5" tyres (depending on brand)
- our frames carriy a Lifetime warranty. (click the link for the details)
- Seatpost is 27.2. The smaller diameter seatpost is a decision that we made to add just a little bit of extra compliance into the ride of the BNT.
- now standard with Muru rocker dropouts and belt drive seatstay joiner
- rockers include your choice or inserts. singlespeed, deraileur, Rohloff or 12mm thru axle
- rear upper and lower rack mounts
- two bottle mounts inside the main triangle. One on the downtube and one on the seat tube.
- triple cage mounts under the downtube (in front of the bottom bracket)
- new "Troy Cage" mounts in front of the seatpost on top of the top tube allows you to run an accessable bottle cage while also running a full frame bag
- All Muru frames use "open" cable guides. This means that there are no cable "stops" at any point on the frame. This allows you to run full housing all the way from the shifters to the deraileurs (or Rohloff as the case may be).
- If running a front deraileur, please ensure that you select a front deraileur with the cable stop built in.
- dual ovalized downtube adds strength and saves weight.
- 3/2.5 titanium seamless tubing is your friend.
- axel to crown is 468mm.
- this means that most std 29er suspension forks with 80mm travel will work just fine.
- but really, any fork with clearance for 29" x 2.4" tyres and an axle to crown measurement of 468mm to 475mm should be fine.
- Polished finish with subtle sanded graphics. Nothing gaudy here.
- scuff it up? get some wet and dry and fix it. No sweat.
- Available in 14" (XS) - 16" (S) - 18" (M) - 20" (L) - 22" (XL) (for full geometry, click here)