Canning adventure fat frame - $2399
The all new Canning has been developed from the ground up to optimise equipment hauling capacity and floatation on soft terrain.
Since we already offer the Witjira range that run tyres from 4.0" up to 4.7" (on up to 80mm wide rims) and the Tanami models that happily run 4.0" up to 5.05" tyres (on 100mm wide rims).
So whats with the all new model? Simple. The new range of *actual* 5" tyres like the Terrene Johnny5 and Vee Tire Co Snowshoe 2XL 5.05" have changed the way we think about floatation. It's changed the whole concept of remote travel and the ability to take adventure equipment with you.
But just being able to fit 5" tyes, (on a 100mm wide rim) wasn't enough. Because in certain situations we need to be able to carry more. More food, more water, more gear.
The Canning is named after the Canning Stock Route in Central Western Australia.
1) We'e adjusted the front end geometry to better suite a 483mm axle to crown. This allows for clearance on massive 5" tyres.
2) At the same time we've changing the downtube to reflect the new front end. We've borrowed the downtube from our Trail series frames. It's custom worked to provide more welding surface at the headtube. This translates to a stiffer front end. Which is just fine when you're running a such a massive front tyre.
3) But you want to know about the back end don't you... It's been extended and custom reinforced to take two sets of std panniers or custom haulage bags. Naturally bottle and bag mounts for days are std.
4) we're currently finalising a custom rear rack to take advantage of the Cannings hauling capacity. Though many std rear (fat) racks will also work just fine.
5) Muru 197/12mm rear dropouts are standard, but rocker adjustable dropouts are available as an upgrade along with a Rohloff cable guide kit as well.
- a medium (18") "std" frame weighs a genuine TBA grams.
- the 197mm rear hub spacing allows use of regular 197mm hubs and deraileurs.
- use of the 197mm spacing allows fitment of the widest (currently) available tyres.
- add the Rohloff cable guide kit and Rohloff rocker inserts, and you can also fit the amazing Rohloff XXL 14 speed internally geared hub.
- all our frames use a reliable, time proven BSA threaded bottom bracket. we've elected to steer clear of the dozen or more press-fit "standards". Almost all of which are known to creak under load. The Canning comes with a 100mm (threaded) bottom bracket shell.
- our 44mm headtube means that you can run either straight or tapered steerers with ease.
- want to run a straight steerer fork? Then you'll want a ZS44/28.6 upper and ZS44/30 lower.
- want to go tapered? then you'll want a ZS44/28.6 upper and an EC44/40 lower.
- designed for long weeks in the saddle.
- single ring front - up to 5.05" tyres on 100mm rims.
- our frames carriy a Lifetime warranty. (click the link for the details)
- Seatpost is 31.6. (meaning that you can get either std, dropper or suspension posts to fit)
- Dropper post port for internal dropper routing available on request.
- standard with our 197/12mm thru axle dropouts.
- rear "get behind" rack mounts
- two bottle mounts inside the main triangle. One on the downtube and one on the seat tube.
- triple cage mounts under the downtube (in front of the bottom bracket)
- All Muru frames use "open" cable guides. This means that there are no cable "stops" at any point on the frame. This allows you to run full housing all the way from the shifters.
- If running a front deraileur, please ensure that you select a front deraileur with the cable stop built in.
- hydroformed downtube adds strength, front end rigidity.
- 3/2.5 titanium seamless tubing is your friend.
- axel to crown is 483mm.
- best run with a rigid fork, you should consider our Djune Trail ti fork. It's spaced with a 150mm axle and a 15mm thru axle.
- however, if you have a taste for front suspension, then we've fallen in love recently with the Manitou Mastodon.
- Polished finish with subtle sanded graphics. Nothing gaudy here.
- scuff it up? get some wet and dry and fix it. No sweat.
- Available in 16" (S) - 18" (M) - 20" (L) (for full geometry, click here)