Innamincka V1 adventure 29er - (AUD) $1899
We've been getting a lot of enquiries for a flat bar version of our BNT adventure tourer. And you know that if you ask for something often enough... sooner or later, people will take notice! (see GNart, we listened)
We're proud to unveil the Innamincka. Named after the town of Innamincka in South Australia's remote outback. On the banks of Cooper Creek. With a population of 191 it's one of Australia's most remote towns.
So, what's it for?
It's not designed to be an XC race bike - but you can use it for that.
It wasn't built to be a 24hour racerboi weapon - but it works just fine for that.
We didn't intend it to be a touring or bikepacking exclusive bike - though it does work really nice for that.
in fact, it's all of those things... and more.
The Innaminka a clasically designed titanium 29er that can handle most terrains and riding styles with an understated casual grace. And if you do want to take it touring or bikepacking... it's decked out with all manner of mounts. fenders, racks and multiple bottle cages... (just like the BNT). However we've tweaked the geometry to work better with flat bars and Jones bars. That means it's a little bit longer in the top tube than the drop bar focused BNT and the headtube isn't as tall.
Tyre clearance for up to 2.5" tyres on 29er rims make this a true go anywhere adventure touring machine. (shhhhh, don't tell anyone ok... but the 142/12 rear spaced Innamincka can also run 27.5"x2.8" "plus" sized wheels and tyres)
Want to deck it out a general use off road 29er? Go for it. Chuck on a 100mm travel suspension fork and hit your favourite trails. Want to fit a rigid fork? Then you'll want a fork with a 485mm (or thereabouts) axle to crown. Our Mungo Trail fork suits perfectly.
- a medium (18") frame weighs 1735 grams.
- the 135mm rear hub spacing allows use of regular 135mm or 142mmmm hubs and deraileurs.
- add interchangable rocker dropouts and you can also set the bike up with a 142x12mm rear thru axle or even singlespeed.
- add the Rohloff cable guide kit and Rohloff rocker inserts, and you can also fit the amazing Rohloff14 speed internally geared hub.
- OPTIONAL 148/12 Boost spacing means that you can even run the bike with 27.5" x 3.0" tyres.
- all our frames use a reliable, time proven BSA threaded bottom bracket. we've elected to steer clear of the dozen or more press-fit "standards". Almost all of which are known to creak under load. The BNT and Innamincka frames both have a 73mm (threaded) bottom bracket shell.
- our 44mm headtube means that you can run either straight or tapered steerers with ease.
- want to run a straight steerer fork? Then you'll want a ZS44/28.6 upper and ZS44/30 lower.
- want to go tapered? then you'll want a ZS44/28.6 upper and an EC44/40 lower.
- "Overlander" geometry is designed for long (long) days in the saddle.
- front end geometry is designed around a 485mm axle to crown (rigid) fork or an 100mm travel suspension fork.
- up to 29" x 2.5" tyres (depending on brand)
- our frames carriy a Lifetime warranty. (click the link for the details)
- Seatpost is 27.2. The smaller diameter seatpost is a decision that we made to add just a little bit of extra compliance into the ride of the Innamincka.
- now standard with Muru rocker dropouts and belt drive seatstay joiner
- rockers include your choice or inserts. singlespeed, deraileur, Rohloff or 12mm thru axle
- rear upper and lower rack mounts
- two bottle mounts inside the main triangle. One on the downtube and one on the seat tube.
- triple cage mounts under the downtube (in front of the bottom bracket)
- new "Troy Cage" mounts in front of the seatpost on top of the top tube allows you to run an accessable bottle cage while also running a full frame bag
- All Muru frames use "open" cable guides. This means that there are no cable "stops" at any point on the frame. This allows you to run full housing all the way from the shifters to the deraileurs (or Rohloff as the case may be).
- If running a front deraileur, please ensure that you select a front deraileur with the cable stop built in.
- dual ovalized downtube adds strength and saves weight.
- 3/2.5 titanium seamless tubing is your friend.
- axel to crown is 483mm.
- this means that most std 29er suspension forks with 100mm travel will work just fine.
- but really, any fork with clearance for the 29" x 2.4" tyres and an axle to crown measurement of 483mm should be fine.
- Polished finish with subtle sanded graphics. Nothing gaudy here.
- scuff it up? get some wet and dry and fix it. No sweat.
- Available in 14" (XS) - 16" (S) - 18" (M) - 20" (L) - 22" (XL) (for full geometry, click here)