Tanami overlander fatbike frame - (AUD) $1799
The Tanami (V2) brings 197mm rear spacing and a 120mm BSA (threaded) bottom bracket to the Muru family. Why 197mm? The answer is that as tyres and rims get wider, demands for clearance in the rear get tighter and tighter. Chain, tyre, chainline... they're all fighting for space. Going to the 120mm BB spacing means that you can chuck a 5.05" tyre on a 100mm rim in the back with less compatibility issues and no need to build the rear wheel offset.
The new Vee Tire Co Snowshoe 2XL 5.05" tyre has changed the way we think about floatation. On the Tanami (V2) you can now fit the 2XL, in all it's 5.05" glory, (on a 100mm wide rim) in the back.
Using the 197mm rear spacing from our original Tanami range, combined with our new 120mm threaded bottom bracket means that you can now fit a 5.05" wide, Vee Tire Co Snowshoe 2XL tyre on a 100mm wide tubeless rim in the back with less compatibility issues and no need to build the rear wheel offset.
Named after the Tanami desert in Central Australia and designed to deal with all terrain.
As the model in our "Overlander" range with the most tyre clearance. The Tanami lets you ride
where others fear to even dream.
- a medium (18") "std" frame weighs a genuine 1768 grams.
- the 197mm rear hub spacing allows use of regular 197mm hubs and deraileurs.
- use of the 197mm spacing allows for fitment of some of the widest tyres available.
- all our frames use a reliable, time proven BSA threaded bottom bracket. we've elected to steer clear of the dozen or more press-fit "standards". Almost all of which are known to creak under load. The new Tanami (V2) frames now have a 120mm (threaded) bottom bracket shell.
- our 44mm headtube means that you can run either straight or tapered steerers with ease.
- want to run a straight steerer fork? Then you'll want a ZS44/28.6 upper and ZS44/30 lower.
- want to go tapered? then you'll want a ZS44/28.6 upper and an EC44/40 lower.
- "Overlander" geometry designed for long days in the saddle.
- front end geometry is designed around a 511mm axle to crown (rigid) fork.
- single ring front - up to 5.05" tyres on 100mm rims.
- our frames carriy a Lifetime warranty. (click the link for the details)
- Seatpost is 31.6. (meaning that you can get either std, dropper or suspension posts to fit)
- Dropper post internal routing port available by request.
- std with our 197/12mm thru axle dropouts.
- optional upgrade to rocker adjustable dropouts with Rohloff rear cable guides by request.
- rear upper and lower rack mounts
- two bottle mounts inside the main triangle. One on the downtube and one on the seat tube.
- triple cage mounts under the downtube (in front of the bottom bracket)
- new "Troy Cage" mounts in front of the seatpost on top of the top tube allows you to run an accessable bottle cage while also running a full frame bag
- All Muru frames use "open" cable guides. This means that there are no cable "stops" at any point on the frame. This allows you to run full housing all the way from the shifters to the deraileurs.
- If running a front deraileur, please ensure that you select a front deraileur with the cable stop built in.
- dual ovalized downtube adds strength and saves weight.
- 3/2.5 titanium seamless tubing is your friend.
- axel to crown is 465mm. We've designed this frame around the use of a rigid fork.
- Polished finish with subtle sanded graphics. Nothing gaudy here.
- scuff it up? get some wet and dry and fix it. No sweat.
- Available in 14" (XS) - 16" (S) - 18" (M) - 20" (L) - 22" (XL) (for full geometry, click here)