Witjira overlander fatbike frame - (AUD) $1899
The Witjira is the end result of countless klms ridden on varied terrain. Sand, snow, singletrack, fireroads and some very long days in the saddle.
The Witjira was the original model in our range. As the frame that started Muru on our way, the Witjira has a special place in our hearts. It's also very versitile. The 170mm rear spacing also lends itself to the new Rohloff XL rear internally geared hub. As the original frame in our "Overlander" range, the Witjira is most at home on remote beaches, outback trails, and tracks.
Named after Witjira National Park in Central Australia and designed to deal with all terrain. Proven on the real world of the Iditarod Trail Invitational in Alaska and the Simpson Desert Bike Challenge in Australia.
- a medium (18") "std" frame weighs a genuine 1700 grams.
- add rockers, Rohloff guides and belt drive joiner and you add around 125g.
- the 170mm rear hub spacing allows use of regular 170mm hubs and deraileurs.
- add interchangable rocker dropouts and you can also set the bike up with a 177 x 12mm rear thru axle or even singlespeed.
- add the Rohloff cable guide kit and Rohloff rocker inserts, and you can also fit the amazing Rohloff XL 14 speed internally geared hub.
- all our frames use a reliable, time proven BSA threaded bottom bracket. We've elected to steer clear of the dozen or more press-fit "standards". Almost all of which are known to creak under load. The Witjira and Tanami frames all have a 100mm (threaded) bottom bracket shell.
- our 44mm headtube means that you can run either straight or tapered steerers with ease.
- want to run a straight steerer fork? Then you'll want a ZS44/28.6 upper and ZS44/30 lower.
- want to go tapered? then you'll want a ZS44/28.6 upper and an EC44/40 lower.
- "Overlander" geometry designed for long days in the saddle.
- front end geometry is designed around a 465mm axle to crown (rigid) fork.
- dual ring front - up to 4.5" tyres on 80mm rims.
- single ring front - up to 4.5" tyres on 80mm rims. (4.8" depending on cranks and chainline)
- Rohloff - clearance for up to 4.8" tyres on 80mm rims.
- our frames carriy a Lifetime warranty. (click the link for the details)
- Seatpost is 31.6. (meaning that you can get either std, dropper or suspension posts to fit)
- choice of vertical (std) dropouts or optional rocker style dropouts ($100 upcharge)
- rockers include your choice or inserts. singlespeed, deraileur, Rohloff or 12mm thru axle
- rear upper and lower rack mounts
- two bottle mounts inside the main triangle. One on the downtube and one on the seat tube.
- triple cage mounts under the downtube (in front of the bottom bracket)
- new "Troy Cage" mounts in front of the seatpost on top of the top tube allows you to run an accessable bottle cage while also running a full frame bag
- All Muru frames use "open" cable guides.
- This means that there are no cable "stops" at any point on the frame.
- This allows you to run full housing all the way from the shifters to the deraileurs.
- If running a front deraileur, please ensure that you select a front deraileur with the cable stop built in.
- choice of vertical (std) dropouts or optional rocker dropouts
- Rohloff specific model with rocker dropouts and seatstay joiner ($150 upcharge)
- dual ovalized downtube adds strength and saves weight.
- 3/2.5 titanium seamless tubing is your friend.
- axel to crown is 465mm. We've designed this frame around the use of a rigid fork.
- Polished finish with subtle sanded graphics. Nothing gaudy here.
- scuff it up? get some wet and dry and fix it. No sweat.
- Available in 14" (XS) - 16" (S) - 18" (M) - 20" (L) - 22" (XL) (for full geometry, click here)
official bike of the