Witjira trail fatbike frame - (AUD) $1899
The Witjira Trail is a direct result of ongoing development of the original V2 model. Refined tubing specification and updated geometry has lead to the frame you see here.
1) We'e adjusted the front end geometry to better suite a 511mm axle to crown. (to suit the new Rockshox Bluto fork @ 120-100mm)
2) At the same time we've changing the downtube to reflect the new front end. We've borrowed the downtube from the Mungo. It's custom worked to provide more welding surface at the headtube. This translates to a stiffer front end. Which is just fine when you're running a suspension fork.
3) Muru rocker rear dropouts are now standard
Since we've made so many changes, we didn't feel that the old V2 name was accurate any more.
So the "Witjira trail" was born.
The Witjira range are named after Witjira National Park in Central Australia and designed to
deal with all terrain.
- a medium (18") "std" frame weighs a genuine 1798 grams.
- the 170mm rear hub spacing allows use of regular 170mm hubs and deraileurs.
- thanks to the interchangable rocker dropouts and you can also set the bike up with a 177 x 12mm rear thru axle or even singlespeed.
- add the Rohloff cable guide kit and Rohloff rocker inserts, and you can also fit the amazing Rohloff XL 14 speed internally geared hub.
- all our frames use a reliable, time proven BSA threaded bottom bracket. we've elected to steer clear of the dozen or more press-fit "standards". Almost all of which are known to creak under load. The Witjira and Tanami frames all have a 100mm (threaded) bottom bracket shell.
- our 44mm headtube means that you can run either straight or tapered steerers with ease.
- want to run a straight steerer fork? Then you'll want a ZS44/28.6 upper and ZS44/30 lower.
- want to go tapered? then you'll want a ZS44/28.6 upper and an EC44/40 lower.
- "Trail" geometry designed for long days in the saddle.
- front end geometry is designed around a 511mm axle to crown fork, so you can run a Bluto suspension fork with 100mm or 120mm travel.
- dual ring front - up to 4.5" tyres on 80mm rims.
- single ring front - up to 4.5" tyres on 80mm rims. (4.8" depending on cranks and chainline)
- Rohloff - clearance for up to 4.8" tyres on 80mm rims.
- our frames carriy a Lifetime warranty. (click the link for the details)
- Seatpost is 31.6. (meaning that you can get either std, dropper or suspension posts to fit)
- standard with our rocker style dropouts.
- rockers include your choice or inserts. singlespeed, deraileur, Rohloff or 12mm thru axle.
- rear upper and lower rack mounts
- two bottle mounts inside the main triangle. One on the downtube and one on the seat tube.
- triple cage mounts under the downtube (in front of the bottom bracket)
- new "Troy Cage" mounts in front of the seatpost on top of the top tube allows you to run an accessable bottle cage while also running a full frame bag
- All Muru frames use "open" cable guides. This means that there are no cable "stops" at any point on the frame. This allows you to run full housing all the way from the shifters to the deraileurs (or Rohloff as the case may be).
- If running a front deraileur, please ensure that you select a front deraileur with the cable stop built in.
- hydroformed downtube adds strength, front end rigidity.
- 3/2.5 titanium seamless tubing is your friend.
- axel to crown is 511mm. We've designed this frame around the use of a suspension fork.
- The Rockshox Bluto is a great match for the Trail geometry of our FATbikes. The best choice is either 100mm or 120mm travel.
- if you'd prefer the option of a rigid fork, then you should look at our Djune Trail ti fork. It's spaced with a 150mm axle. So you can swap the same front wheel between your suspension fork, and your Djune rigid fork.
- Polished finish with subtle sanded graphics. Nothing gaudy here.
- scuff it up? get some wet and dry and fix it. No sweat.
- Available in 14" (XS) - 16" (S) - 18" (M) - 20" (L) - 22" (XL) (for full geometry, click here)
official bike of the